Overview of Arbor Ecological
Arbor Ecological is an environmental consultancy based in Northern NSW. We provide professional advice and expertise in ecologist and arborist tree surgeon services with a focus on cost effective solutions for clients.
Our ecologist and arborist works range from single tree assessments for home owners to development assessments such as construction of the Pacific Highway and residential housing developments and subdivisions. Many of our projects combine professional Ecologist and Arborist tree surgeon services.
Our Arborist and ecologist works are focussed mostly in the NSW North Coast in Northern Rivers centres such as Ballina, Lismore, Lennox Head, Byron Bay, Bangalow, Brunswick Heads, Murwillumbah, Mullumbimby, Tweed Heads, Kyogle, Casino, Evans Head and Grafton.
Our clients include land developers, owner builders, private landholders, local councils, State Government agencies, development and planning firms, and fellow environmental consultants.
Our ecologist services include flora and fauna impact assessments, vegetation and threatened species management planning, spotter catcher and pre-clearing assessments, and installation of wildlife fauna nest boxes.
We have experience and expertise in preparation of development arborist reports, ecologist reports and conservation management plans. Field assessments and reports are completed on time and within budget and we draw on the expertise of colleagues with specialist skills to meet client needs as required. Arbor Ecological is committed to ethical practices and professional standards.
From individual tree assessments to large scale ecological assessments for developments, we deliver high quality and affordable ecologist and arborist tree surgeon services.
About Michael – Principal Ecologist and Arborist
Michael Hallinan, principal and founder of Arbor Ecological has over twenty three years of workplace experience in environmental management including ecological planning and assessment roles with both Lismore and Byron Shire Councils and the NSW State Government.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Resource Management), Southern Cross University
- Diploma in Arboriculture, Wollongbar TAFE, AQF level 5 Consulting Arborist (AQF 5)
- Associate Diploma in Horticulture – Arboriculture, Hawkesbury Agricultural College, now the University of Western Sydney
License and Insurances
- Scientific License SL100965 – Ecological survey/ consultancy (Part 2 of the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016)
- Business Property and Liability (Public Liability), $10M, QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited
- Professional Indemnity, $2M, Vero Insurance
- Personal Accident and Illness Insurance, AFA Pty Ltd
- Comprehensive 4wd motor vehicle insurance, $20M, Suncorp
- WorkCover Construction Induction Training (WHS White Card)
- Bushfire Planning and Assessment for Local Government Officers, NSW Rural Fire Service
- Partnering with Aboriginal Communities, North Coast Institute of TAFE
- Environmental Education for Local Government Officers, NSW Stormwater Trust
- Tree Care, Forestry NSW, West Pennant Hills.
- Ecological Consultants Association of NSW
- Arboriculture Australia
- Maguires/Willowbank Landcare Group – Secretary and Public Officer
- Big Scrub Rainforest Landcare Group
- Australian Association of Bush Regenerators (AABR)
- Birdlife Australia