Vegetation Assessment, Reports and Plans
Vegetation assessment reports and management plans are prepared for rehabilitation or restoration of plant communities through measures such as weed management, stock exclusion and revegetation. Tree surveys provide information to guide ongoing tree maintenance and management.
Michael has extensive experience in vegetation and tree assessment and management. His vegetation assessments commonly include plant identification, targeted threatened species searches and assessments of vegetation types, extents, health, condition, threats and rehabilitation requirements.
As part of Michael’s contract work with Lismore and Byron Councils he reviewed and made recommendations on a range of tree and vegetation reports and plans and their implementation for development and rezoning applications.
Arbor Ecological prepares high quality tree and vegetation reports and plans customised to client needs and budgets to guide sound management. Plans outline specific actions, priorities, timeframes, resource requirements, environmental monitoring, maintenance, costs, etc.
We use GPS and GIS technologies to prepare maps which are an integral part of our plans. Mapped site features may include tree and vegetation types and locations, corridors, threatened species and high conservation value areas, priority work areas, work directions and photo points. Maps and plans are regularly prepared for land managers, arborists and bush regenerators working to implement planned actions and activities.
Michael’s extensive horticultural work background informs vegetation and tree planting projects that require sound knowledge of species performance under different conditions.
Our vegetation management services include:
- Vegetation assessment & rehabilitation of remnant vegetation, riparian areas and degraded landscapes
- Tree surveys and management plans
- Preparation of rehabilitation and Vegetation Management Plans (VMPs)
- Management and rehabilitation of threatened species habitats and Endangered Ecological Communities (EECs)
- Native wildlife fauna habitat enhancement of wetland areas
- Vegetation condition monitoring
- Vegetation mapping
Examples of our tree survey and vegetation management projects are as follows:
- Prepare Ballina Shire Significant Tree Register for Ballina Shire urban centres
- Roadside vegetation assessment for road maintenance works, Kyogle Shire
- Vegetation assessment for landslip repair works, Bellingen Shire
- Tree impact assessment for power line installation, Illuka
- Vegetation assessment including threatened species and Endangered Ecological Communities for the Pacific Highway upgrade, Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Tree surveys for development impact assessments at Coutts Crossing, Goonellebah and Ballina
- Vegetation management planning for proposed creek crossings, Rosebank via Lismore and Teven via Ballina
- Property vegetation management plans for conservation of wetland, forest and grasslands at Bungawalbin via Casino, Alstonville, Tintenbar via Ballina, Kyogle and Mullumbimby
- Vegetation management planning with 27 landholders, Tucki Tucki Creek via Lismore
- Mangrove and other wetland vegetation assessment for a foreshore rehabilitation project, Cardwell, North Queensland
- Review of Vegetation Management Plans and their implementation for Lismore & Byron Shire Councils as part of development and rezoning applications
- Prepare Vegetation Management Plan for 62 Lot, 152 ha land subdivision Cameron Road, Macleans Ridges via Lismore and 5 Lot and 27 Lot rural land subdivisions, Hampton Road Waterview Heights via Grafton.
Click on the photos below for more information on our Vegetation Assessment, Reporting and Planning projects, or to discuss your project requirements please Get in Contact